Not able ot view hosts/services in the Trends.cgi link

satish kumar satish_lsurf at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 05:59:01 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am still finding the problem and is it related to any rpms missing (gd, libpng,libjpeg etc......).Please help me in this issue.

Thanks, Satish

satish kumar <satish_lsurf at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi,

I have enabled the notification & Service checks and the nagios has sent a lot of notifications for various services.And the permission wise others has rx permissions where apache belongs to.I am pasting the output of the command below.
=====================
[root at exlinux3 bin]# ./nagios -v ../etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios 2.1
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 03-27-2006
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking services...
        Checked 222 services.
Checking hosts...
        Checked 67 hosts.
Checking host groups...
        Checked 19 host groups.
Checking service groups...
        Checked 0 service groups.
Checking  contacts...
        Checked 8 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 5 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
        Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 105 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 3 time periods.
Checking extended host info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended host info definitions.
Checking extended service info  definitions...
        Checked 0 extended service info definitions.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check
======================

Thanks, Satish

Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote: According to your own screenshots Notifications are disabled and Service
checks are disabled. While I haven't personally experienced the symptoms
you're seeing, the three screenshots seem to imply a problem reading the
config files. Does your web server have permission to read  the .cfg
files? Can you use the View Config link to see your configuration?

Also, from the command line as the nagios user run
'/path/to/nagios/bin/nagios -v /path/to/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg' and post
it's output. Perhaps if you posted the screenshots where other can see
them someone else who has seen the problem before can help you.

--
Marc

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2�/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.