strange behavior with multiple failing hosts and nagios 1.3 / 2.1

Christian Lyra lyra at pop-pr.rnp.br
Mon Apr 10 19:21:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

	I just tried nagios 2.2 and the problem seems to be gonne. Ludwig said
about nagios not performing parallel tests while checking a host. This
was fixed on the new version?

>  Can you show us the hosts and service entries?

sure. I have four hosts like the one below:

define host{
        name                            generic-host
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        failure_prediction_enabled      1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        register                        0
        }

define host{
        use                     generic-host
        host_name               galaxie
        alias                   galalxie
        address                 200.X.X.X
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      1
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,r
        contact_groups  admins
        }

define service{
        name                            generic-service
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        failure_prediction_enabled      1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use
        host_name                       galaxie
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notification_interval           960
        notification_period             24x7
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

>  Hugo.
>
>  PS: Could you please use some sane linelength? Quoting is a major
> pain this way.

linelength=72 on my kmail settings. Is this sane enough?

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

  Thus spake the master programmer:
  ``A well-written program is its own heaven; a poorly-written program
is its own hell.''
						The Tao Of Programing