"double free or corruption" message

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Apr 7 16:48:48 CEST 2006

>From Google, this appears to be an issue that may not be directly
related to Nagios --

(Long Google Link) -- http://tinyurl.com/mvnxx

There are lots of Debian bug reports related to that error --

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/search?group=linux
.debian.bugs.dist&q=debian+glibc+detected+***+double+free+or+corruption+
%28%21prev%29&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

Maybe something in there will help you towards resolution. I see a
number of hits related to Perl. Do you have perl compiled into nagios?
If perl is crashing due to this bug it's probably taking nagios down as
well. Try re-compiling without the embedded perl interpreter.

--
Marc