Nagios 2.1 problems.

Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano msugano at uolinc.com
Thu Apr 6 18:09:23 CEST 2006

My problem regards only to nagios 2.1, differently of your recurrent
problem since 2.0b+, rc's and 2.1. In my setup, we have status retention
configured on the Central Nagios, just to not loose the alarm duration
data, it's a request from the NOC people, which go along with the
refreshes of Service Status Detail Page to determine if there is a need
to open a ticket. We are moving to the direction of automate ticketing,
but for now, this is the way things are done.

It appears when some new configuration is placed in production and a
restart of Nagios is issued, then, the retention file do not get updated
as expected, launching some old alerts on the Service Status Detail
page, alerts with long duration, that were ticketed and resolved by the
time it appears in the first place. For example, an old Disk Space
alarm, showing a duration of 2d 12h 32m 43s. Despite that, I have no
other problems relating to service scheduling, or Nagios forgetting to
follow the service check schedule.

The change that make me upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 was just the freshness
check logic improvement, because we suffer a lot with that.

Thank you for your time,

Marcel Mitsuto.