regex: supported multiplyers (f.e {2,124})

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lantschner at edvg.at
Thu Apr 6 11:10:11 CEST 2006

Hi all,
the suport for regex in Nagios is really a great feature - thanks a lot
for implementing it. I am wondering, which multiplyers are supported when
refering to hostnames using regular expressions.
F.e. [sw].*\.company\.net will match s033dc.company.net

If I would like to be more specific I would write
[sw][0-9]{3}[a-z]{2,124}\.company\.net
This sould match any string starting with either s or w, followed by
exactly 3 digits and a resonable number of characters plus the domain
suffix.

Seems as if Nagios does not understand this form. I could not find a clear
documentation, which flavor of regex is supported.

TIA, Ingo.