NSClient

Steph stephanie.royle at lunarpages.com
Wed Apr 5 18:56:46 CEST 2006

I'm currently monitoring a few windows server 2003 machines with nsclient
Does anyone have any suggestions for monitoring smtp and mysql?
Can I use commands similar to the ones below and if so does anyone have any
samples from checkcommands.cfg and services.cfg?

Checkcommands.cfg:

Define command{
        Command_name    check_nt_CPU
        Command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v CPULOAD
-l $ARG1$
}
-------------------------------
Services.cfg

Define service{
        Use                             generic-service
        Host_name                       test-server
        Service_description             CPU Usage
        is_volatile                     0
        Check_period                    24x7
        Max_check_attempts              3
        Normal_check_interval           1
        Retry_check_interval            1
        Contact_groups                  linux-admins
        Notification_interval           300
        Notification_period             24x7
        Notification_options            w,U,c,R
        Check_command                   check_nt_CPU!10,80,95,60,80,95,1440
80,95
}
I'm pretty new to windows servers so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stephanie