R: start a script automatically

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Wed Apr 5 09:59:18 CEST 2006

-}Marc wrote:
-}
-}Not without the rest of the error that you chopped off.
-}What's the '....' part? That's probably the most useful bit
-}of information. You've been on the list long enough to know
-}we need more information than that
-};)

Complete message is:
Warning: Attempting to execute the command
"/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/restart-http $SERVICESTATE$
$STATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$"

I see restart-http script on the manual (in the "event handlers" chapter)
and copy it to test and understand how event handlers work.

-}
-}Can you run restart-http as the nagios user? Show us the
-}command and service definition. Verify that you're using full
-}paths for commands used within restart-http. Detail what
-}restart-http is doing specifically.
-}

# 'restart-http' command definition
define command{
        command_name    restart-http
        command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/restart-http
$SERVICESTATE$ $STATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$
        }

One problem could be "where" define restart-http command. Yesterday I put it
in the checkcommands.cfg file, today I am defined it in the
misccommands.cfg.
Another one is how to restart the httpd (in this case) like nagios user (the
manual mentions this possibility, but no ideas are given to solve it).
Again, if I would run a command on a Windows 2003 server, how will I do ?

Regards
Marco