Nagios 2.1 unstable?

Ian Chard ian.chard at sers.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 4 12:50:42 CEST 2006

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just building a new server with Nagios 2.1 and it seems to topple
> over quite easily. At present it only lasts about 5 to 10 seconds.
>
> The syslog consistently shows:
>
> Apr  3 23:40:18 arwen.waakhond.net nagios: SERVICE FLAPPING ALERT:
> arwen;MYSQL;STARTED; Service appears to have started flapping (23.4%
> change >= 20.0% threshold)
> Apr  3 23:40:18 arwen.waakhond.net nagios: Caught SIGSEGV, shutting
> down...

Hi,

I also had this problem for a while, but it seems to have settled down.
 I ran it under a debugger for a few days and the damn thing refused to
crash!  :-)

- Ian

Ian Chard, Unix & Network Administrator   |  E: ian.chard at sers.ox.ac.uk
Systems and Electronic Resources Service  |  T:  80587 / (01865) 280587
Oxford University Library Services        |  F:          (01865) 242287