Nagios - Newbie

Curtis Herrmann herrmc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 01:46:58 CEST 2006

I am currently digesting the documentation for Nagios 2.0 from the Nagios
Website. I intend to start my first installation after I finish reading the
documentation which seems to be very straightforward.

 The question that I have is in reference to the base OS installation. I
will be using Fedora Core 4, and would like to ask if there are any
recommendations or documents about a box specifically dedicated to Nagios.

 Example: Should I accept the "Web Servers" default installation from
Anaconda, or should I download a specific Apache version from any particular
place etc. Same question with Compiler installs.

 These questions all in the context of what is best for a foundation for a
Nagios box.

Kind Regards,

Curtis