Notifications

Richard Gliebe richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Mon Apr 3 11:11:01 CEST 2006

Hi all,

what's going on ;-(

Yesterday morning, our Nagios server was freezed, so I have to Power
off/on the Server.

Nagios is now up and running, but the Notifications (eMail/SMS) doesn't
works since this failure.

No changes/upgrades where made in the nagios configuration.

Notifications are enabled:
[...]
enable_notifications=1
log_notifications=1
[...]

I can see, when nagios want's to send notifications
in /var/spool/nagios/nagios.log
[...]
[Mon Apr  3 09:18:01 2006] SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
glr;switch-1;TemperatureState;WARNING;notify-by-epager;WARNING:
Temperature (degrees Celsius) - *39*
[Mon Apr  3 09:18:01 2006] SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
glr;switch-1;TemperatureState;WARNING;notify-by-email;WARNING:
Temperature (degrees Celsius) - *39*
[...]

But nothing is sending out.

Sending Emails from commandline (with user nagios/root) works fine.

We are running Nagios Version 2.0b3.

Thanks in advance
Richard

--
Richard Gliebe
Fachhochschule Vorarlberg GmbH / University for Applied Science