Cisco check_by_ssh ?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Tue Sep 27 21:04:57 CEST 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Greg King wrote:

> Has anyone figured out how to log into a Cisco router with ssh and run a
> command using the check_by_ssh plugin?  The documentation says to setup
> a secure connection with gpg keys, but since I'm not a Cisco expert, I'm
> not sure this is even possible if the ssh target is a Cisco router.
> Links to how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Greg King

I don't think you can generate a per user key on the router. That is what
is needed by check_by_ssh to work.

If you want to do ssh in scripts try using the "clogin" utility that is
part of the "RANCID" toolset at http://www.shrunbbery.net/rancid/

I've used clogin in various scripts for good effect.

--
-sg