check_disk SunOS 5.9

John Christian potus98 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 16:16:10 CEST 2005

check_disk works fine for me under Solaris 9, although
my outputs are a little different than yours:

# ./check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -p /
DISK OK - free space: / 4449 MB (90%);|
/=478MB;4434;4680;0;4927
#
# strings check_disk | grep df
#
[nothing returned]

#
# which df
/usr/bin/df
# df -Pk /
df: unknown option: P
Usage: df [-F FSType] [-abeghklntVv] [-o
FSType-specific_options] [directory | block_device |
resource]
#

I get the same complaint about -P from df on my
Solaris 8 host as well. If practically all df's
implement the -P, it looks like Sun has overlooked it.

I did find a /usr/xpg4/bin/df that handles the -P on
my Solaris 9 host:

/usr/xpg4/bin/df -Pk /
Filesystem           1024-blocks        Used
Available Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/md/dsk/d0           5046030      439574
4555996     9%    /

HTH,
-John