Problemas con check_dchp

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Sep 26 23:57:06 CEST 2005

Please respond on-list at all times so that others may learn from your
experience in the future by searching the archives.

DCHP,
> But when I try monitoring I get allway the next error.
>
> [tlacuilo at netids libexec]# ./check_dhcp -s netdns
> DHCP problem: No DHCPOFFERs were received.

-s is expecting an IP address, not a name --

Usage: check_dhcp [-s serverip] [-r requestedip] [-t timeout] [-i
interface]
                  [-v]
-s, --serverip=IPADDRESS
   IP address of DHCP server that we must hear from

Also try adding a -v flag for more verbose output. That may provide
interesting information for further troubleshooting.

> I don't know if the problem are the firewall or toher thing.

Neither do we really. Can another machine on the same subnet obtain an
IP address from the DHCP server? Are you running a firewall on the
machine running check_dhcp that might be preventing DHCP from working?
Do you see entries in your firewall logs indicating that it's being
blocked? Does your DHCP server specifically ignore requests from that
machine?

[chop]

--
Marc