To disable the "Host UP" notification

Hans Engelen engelenh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:46:49 CEST 2005

On 9/26/05, John Joseph <jjk_saji at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Friends
> I am getting notification on "Host UP" , I would
> like to do something to do with this notification , I
> need to stop this notification only
> Which parameter I have to check
> Will disabling the stlaking option , will help in
> this aim

 Sounds like you need to tweak your contact settings (contacts.cfg or
whatever file you define your contacts in).
 Specifically these 2 lines :
 service_notification_options w,u,c,r
host_notification_options d,u,r
 From the manual :
  *host_notification_options*: This directive is used to define the host
states for which notifications can be sent out to this contact. Valid
options are a combination of one or more of the following: *d* = notify on
DOWN host states, *u* = notify on UNREACHABLE host states, *r* = notify on
host recoveries (UP states), and *f* = notify when the host starts and stops
flapping. If you specify *n* (none) as an option, the contact will not
receive any type of host notifications.  *service_notification_options*: This
directive is used to define the service states for which notifications can
be sent out to this contact. Valid options are a combination of one or more
of the following: *w* = notify on WARNING service states, *u* = notify on
UNKNOWN service states, *c* = notify on CRITICAL service states, *r* =
notify on service recoveries (OK states), and *f* = notify when the servuce
starts and stops flapping. If you specify *n* (none) as an option, the
contact will not receive any type of service notifications.
 Unless I misunderstand your question removing the 'r' option in
host_notification_options should stop you from getting host up messages.
 Cheers,
Hans