Monitoring router with check_snmp

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Sun Sep 25 19:54:18 CEST 2005

Hi Matt,

SNMP is the best way, I think.

Other examples may:

check_icmp to check the routers IP adress and/or their sub interfaces.
check_tcp to check if the telnet / ssh / web port is open and answering
write or look for a perl script, that can telnet the router, give some
commands to the router and check the output if the output is what you
want to see.

Beware of the last option, you have to work with the login of your
router. Don't know how you're thinking about security.

Best wishes
Hendrik