send a test page

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Fri Sep 23 21:29:13 CEST 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 09:33, Rossella Mariotti-Jones wrote:

> Hi all, does anybody how to send test pages to pagers from within
> Nagios? I refuse to think that the only way to do it is setup a
> test group and unplug a box, there’s gotta be another way!

Unplugging a box is, of course, unacceptable.  I'd argue that
creating a dummy monitor with a 24 hr notification interval is, too
(it's gross hackery, at best:  you'll always have that one monitor in
a critical state--ick).

I think a better way is to make a cron job on your Nagios server that
tells Nagios to send out a notification (I think this would be via
the external commands file, but I can't be sure right now).

-Guy