send a test page

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Sep 23 21:07:48 CEST 2005

Nagios?
> I refuse to think that the only way to do it is setup a test group and
> unplug a box, there's gotta be another way! Thanks in advance.

Sorry, there's no built-in mechanism to test notifications without
manipulating the check data for a host or service. You could always run
the notification command from the command line but that's not exactly
the same and not really a valid test all the way through.

My suggestion would be to set up a test host and service with active
checks disabled and check_commands that will return CRITICAL when
executed (check_dummy for example).  Set the contact groups
appropriately for the notifications that you want to test. When you want
to activate the test, use the web interface to enable checks of that
host/service. When the test is done, use the web interface to disable
checks of that host/service. This would actually be a more accurate test
than hitting a 'Test Notifications' link in the GUI IMHO.

--
Marc