sending service notifications on a per host(group) basis?

Gebhardt Thomas gebhardt at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Fri Sep 23 09:56:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

is there an easy way to send service notifications for the same
service to different contact groups depending on the host on
which that service is running?

I may have web servers, database servers, mail servers running
on linux, solaris, and windows servers. I have defined
architecture-specific contact groups "linux_admins, solaris_admins, .."
and service-specific cantact groups "webmasters, database_admins, .."

When a database server on a solaris machine goes down, I want
to send a message to solaris_admins and database_admins.

I know that I can define a service for each combination
of hostgroups and services, e.g.

define service {
        use database-service-template
        hostgroup_name Solaris-Server
        contact_groups solaris_admins,database_admins
}

Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks, Thomas