check_procs question..

Elizar M. Palad elizar.palad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 07:39:54 CEST 2005

Hi list!

I think the check_procs is not working on my solaris box.
(or im just using it wrongly :)

everytime i add a service, i always execute it manually on
the local machine first, nrpe second.

but when i do it locally, ie.

./check_procs -m PROCS -w 1:1 -c 1:1 -s RDS -C cron

i get:

PROCS CRITICAL: 0 processes with STATE = RDS, command name 'cron'

# ps -ef | grep cron
    root   219     1  0   Sep 20 ?        0:00 /usr/sbin/cron

why is that? any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

--
----
Don't Tell Me How Hard You Work..