Host notifications not being sent out

Ray La Peyre ray.lapeyre at itng.com.au
Wed Sep 21 07:43:23 CEST 2005

Thanks again for the help before.

My latest (and hopefully last) problem is that host notifications are not
send out to me. Service notifications work fine eg check_http but if I
unplug the network cable then I get no notification. The relevant contact
information is:

Host notification options = d,u,r

Host notification commands = host_notify_by_email

Notification_enabled  1

And contact_groups is set to admins (which I am a member of)

admins is the contact group in the hosts.cfg.

The interface notices that it is down but no notifications are sent. I also
have a check_ping service on the host but as I understand it if a host is
down it does not look at the service's so this would not change anything.

Not sure where to go from here

Any ideas will be appreciated

 <http://www.itng.com.au>

Ray La Peyre