Failover implementation help

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 23:38:36 CEST 2005

#!/bin/bash

MASTER=foobar
FILE="/var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd"

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H $MASTER -p 3211 -c check_nagios
if [ $? = "0" ];then
        TIME=`date +%s`
        echo "[$TIME] STOP_EXECUTING_SVC_CHECKS" >> $FILE
        TIME=`date +%s`
        echo "[$TIME] DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS" >> $FILE
else
        sleep 60
        /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H $MASTER -p 3211 -c check_nagios
        if [ $? = "0" ];then
                TIME=`date +%s`
                echo "[$TIME] DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS" >> $FILE
        else
                TIME=`date +%s`
                echo "[$TIME] START_EXECUTING_SVC_CHECKS" >> $FILE
                TIME=`date +%s`
                echo "[$TIME] ENABLE_NOTIFICATIONS" >> $FILE
        fi
fi