System call sent warnings to stderr

Andreas Unterkircher unki at netshadow.at
Sun Sep 18 07:26:09 CEST 2005

Do you compiled the nagios-plugins your self or is it a RPM? If first,
take a look into the config.h file
in the nagios-plugin source directory (after you have called the
configure script).

Seach for PS_COMMAND and I guess you will find something like

#define PS_COMMAND "/bin/ps -axwo 'stat uid ppid vsz rss pcpu comm args'"

but "-" in front of the ps options is deprecated (ps outputs a warning
on this, so you get the "system call
sent warnings to stderr" message). Remove the "-" and run make again.
Then check_proc should work.

Cheers
Andreas