check_http succeeds on command line but fails in nagios

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat Sep 17 05:51:10 CEST 2005

Plugins should have a timeout option in order to terminate themselves if
they run to long and to prevent process build up. Nagios's timeout is
there in the event the plugin doesn't terminate itself.

Both are adjustable to your needs but the nagios timeout should be
greater than the longest plugin timeout you specify.

--
Marc