Nagios + Postgresql

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Sep 16 16:34:13 CEST 2005

You're not very clear on what you mean by 'configure nagios with
postgresql'. If you mean to configure nagios such that it stores its
check results and other run-time information in postgresql you'll need
to use one of the following --

If you're using 1.x, you should follow the directions here:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xdata-db.html

If you're using the beta of 2.x you'll need an additional module such
as: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagios-db

If you mean that you wish for nagios to store all its configuration data
in postgresql, nagios can't do this. You'll need to use a third party
application such as one found here:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Configuration.20.0.html

I can't make a recommendation for a front-end as we've created our own
scripts.

--
Marc