Nagios notifications via sms

Richard Gliebe richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Thu Sep 15 09:10:37 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 08:40 +0200, mohamed.azizi at belgacom.be wrote:

> Dear colleagues ,

Hi,

> I have nagios 1.2 on linux redhat and I will send the notifications
> via sms .can you please support me for  the  configuration step to
> send the notification to server which is risponsible to send sms to my
> mobile.Maybe an documentation is exsiting for that ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Mohamed

take a look at the online Documentation at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/toc.html

define the following options in the Contact Definitions for the user
with want's to receive sms's.

[...]
service_notification_commands notify-by-email,notify-by-epager
host_notification_commands    host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-epager
email                         <name>@domain.com>
pager                         <mobil-number at sms-gateway>
[...]

regards
Richard