Scheduling (ordering) of Service checks

Fred f1216 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 14:23:13 CEST 2005

Oliver,

If I were faced with this type of a problem, I would probably think about
a bit differently.  Nagios is good at launching checks at intervals and
expects a discrete amount of work in a finite time to be accomplished.  It is
very good for checking and returning status.  Given that, you might consider
having a plug-in that oversees and reports on the progress of the outstanding
phases.  Its also not clear if your html application is something initiated
from the nagios interface (for example, you include a link in your plug-in
output and start it from there) or if this is just some activity that is
happening async to nagios.  It is also not clear if you would need to report
a single instance of this sequence or if there can be any number of
login/logout's.

-FredC