Not able to get mail notification , Guidance requested

Leblond, Jean-François JF.Leblond at SAQ.qc.ca
Fri Sep 9 18:34:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a similar problem but with Nagios 2.0 under AIX 5.2
Mail are sent fine as well but Nagios doesn't send anything

Contacts.cfg:
define contact{
        contact_name                    nagios-admin
        alias                           Nagios Admin
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
        email                           support.aix AT saq.qc.ca
        }

Contactgroups.cfg:
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       admins
        alias                   Nagios Administrators
        members                 nagios-admin
        }

Services.cfg
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use
#        host_name                       *
        hostgroup_name                  aix_test_servers
        service_description             http
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notifications_enabled           1
        notification_interval           960
        notification_period             24x7
        check_command                   check_http
        }

The mail command in misccommands.cfg looks fine for this OS

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jean-François Leblond
jf.leblond at saq.qc.ca