Host Down alert when Host is Up

Sxan sxanrr at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 16:51:48 CEST 2005

The IP addresses did change, but I accounted for that
in the hosts.cfg file for this host. I'm not an expert
with Nagios so I'm not sure totally what you mean when
you're asking if I use state retention. But basically
the situation is that everything worked fine
yesterday, IP addresses were changed and the 2 servers
were put on a new vlan, but they are still up and
completely reachable by ping and whatever else. That's
why I'm kind of confused. Here's the nagios
notification if it helps at all...

***** Nagios  *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM
Host: boca-srv01
State: DOWN
Address: 10.168.0.201
Info: CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds

Date/Time: Fri Sept 9 10:47:18 EDT 2005

~Jim