Host Down alert when Host is Up

Sxan sxanrr at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 14:42:33 CEST 2005

Hey everyone,

We just changed the vlan that 2 servers are on in one
location and all of a sudden Nagios is now reporting
those servers as being down, even though I'm able to
ping them fine from the Nagios server itself and
everything else is functioning just fine. I'm confused
as to why this would happen. Any ideas? I'm also
wondering if this could be related to the TTL possibly
changing? If so, does anyone know any simple way to
change the ttl that Nagios looks for or maybe increase
it somehow on the box? Thanks as always!

~Jim