check_nt_cpuload help

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 07:52:23 CEST 2005

For Checking the Average CPU Load over the past Hour use the following:
 check_command check_nt_cpuload!60,80,90,90,80,90
 your command definition should be something like this:
define command{
command_name check_nt_cpuload
command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 5 -p 1248 -v CPULOAD -l
$ARG1$
}
The way this command works is the -l is in sets of three (triplet) separated
by a comma
the first is the # of minutes to check, then the warning percent, last the
critical percent value do not use % in the command,
Ns_client and NC_Net can check more than one average at a time so the above
command will check the load over the last hour and the last 1.5 hours.
 NS_Client and NC_net check the CPU Load several times a minute and then
calculate the average when it receives the check_nt command.
If using NC_Net make sure to increase the Parameter Cpu_max_interval to
larger than the maximum minutes you will be checking.
 Hope this helps,
 Tony