Reading state of a contactgroup?

Morten Guldager morten.guldager at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:52:51 CEST 2005

On 9/8/05, Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:
> Morten Guldager wrote:
> > On 9/8/05, Sébastien Barbereau <barbereau at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I think you should have a look at the "status_file" variable from your main
> >>configuration file ...
> >

> > As far as I can tell the status_file only contains information on
> > hosts and services. I need something "collected".
> > My 3 contactgroup's contains multiple objects each, I need only one
> > traffic light for each contactgroup, telling something about the
> > "worst" condition in that particular group.
> >

> Assuming the contacts in those different contactgroups are only contacts
> for the hosts they manage, the current Nagios gui will do this for you
> (but in greater detail) on the tactical overview, so why fiddle with
> extra scripts?

My "traffic lights" are not webbased. We are talking real analog hardware here.
I know how to manipulate that part, I just cant figure out where to
get the information from nagios.

My current "best idea", (which sucks!), is to make a contact with a
notification which logs events to a file. Then a daemon listens to
this file and inserts changes to a database. "OK" states removes from
the database.
Then its a simple select to figure out the collective status for a contactgroup.

But I think I went to the moon and back again for allmost nothing!

/Morten %-)

> >>center.

> >>Practices

> >>reporting any issue.