please help me

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 11:37:35 CEST 2005

Hi
   I also tried the command

  /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost:
$HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $OUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time:
$LONGDATETIME$\n" | /bin/mail -s "Host $HOSTSTATE$
alert for $HOSTNAME$!" joseph at nagtest.com

        in the command mode , the message did not go,
it gave  error as

             -bash: !": event not found

  Then I removed the ! after $HOSTNAME$ and tried

alert for $HOSTNAME$" joseph at nagtest.com

      The mail went , Shalle I remove the ! parameter
from the "$HOSTNAME$!" and try it on nagios
              I need advice
                    Thanks
                       Joseph John

--- Chandresh Suthar <chandresh.suthar at gmail.com>