Reading state of a contactgroup?

Morten Guldager morten.guldager at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:50:37 CEST 2005

On 9/8/05, Sébastien Barbereau <barbereau at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you should have a look at the "status_file" variable from your main
> configuration file ...

As far as I can tell the status_file only contains information on
hosts and services. I need something "collected".
My 3 contactgroup's contains multiple objects each, I need only one
traffic light for each contactgroup, telling something about the
"worst" condition in that particular group.

/Morten %-)
> On 9/8/05, Morten Guldager <morten.guldager at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Aloha!
> >
> > I have divided our objects in 3 categories: unix-oper, windows-oper
> > and network-oper.
> >
> > Then I have defined 3 corresponding contactgroup's.
> >
> > Now I would like to implement 3 "traffic light's" in our main control
> center.
> >
> > Red     : One or more UN-acknowledged Critical errors
> > Yellow : One or more acknowledged Critical error
> > Green  : No errors
> >
> > But I cant figure out where read the state information in nagios.
> > Maybe it does not exists at all. (on the contactgroup level)
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >
> > --
> > /Morten %-)

> reporting any issue.