perfparse, rrdtool, apan, other?

John Christian potus98 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 23:29:52 CEST 2005

What do you use for fancy reports? Since I'm new to
the Nagios community, I'm interested in reading
insights from you veterans before I charge down some
path and find myself all alone.

I need to send pretty monthly reports to the PHBs
upstairs. They're mainly interested in uptime
percentages they can forward to customers to
demonstrate SLAs. I would also like the option of
storing and graphing perforance data for things like
disk utilization or memory usage.

As usual, there are A LOT of options that might work.
My experience in other areas has shown that although
many open-source tools are available, only a few are
widely used, alive, and maintained.

I'm not interested in finding the perfect solution for
my exact needs; instead, I'd like to find a good
solution that meets many of my needs and is A) used by
many other people, and B) relatively straightforward
to setup.

TIA for any input!
-John