Service Group Question

Leonard Miller Leonard.Miller at baesystems.com
Wed Sep 7 18:45:01 CEST 2005

I think I get it.  I use Hostgroup_name instead of Host_name.  Right?

>>> "Leonard Miller" <Leonard.Miller at baesystems.com> 9/7/2005 11:26:58 AM >>>
Hi,
I've been using Nagios for a few weeks now and like it a lot,
but now I am starting to get into more depth with it. Which brings
me to my question regarding service groups.

If I setup a service
define service{

   host_name                HOSTNAME1
   service_description    Uptime
    is_volatile                   0
   check_period             24x7
   max_check_attempts      3
   normal_check_interval   2
   retry_check_interval    1
   contact_groups         wireless-admins
   notification_interval  240
   notification_period    24x7
   notification_options  w,u,c,r
   check_command      check_snmp_uptime!$USER5$
   }

then setup the service group to check multiple hosts
define servicegroup{
     servicegroup_name  wireless_radios
     alias Wireless Uptime
     members  HOSTNAME1,UPTIME HOSTNAME2,UPTIME HOSTNAME3,UPTIME
	}

What is to keep Nagios from doing a redundant check of HOSTNAME1?
Maybe I'm thinking too hard.

Thanks in advance
Leonard
\