Status Info = Warning, but Status = Unknown

John Christian potus98 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 05:11:06 CEST 2005

For posterior's sake :-)

On the monitored hosts where I was having problems, I
have upgraded SSH from Sun's SSH to OpenSSH. This
seems to have fixed the problem I was having.

I ran some cursory tests of the scripts against two
hosts (one using Sun's SSH and the other using
OpenSSH). Checking the exit statuses did not provide
any clues. I did not test extensively since upgrading
to OpenSSH (which I'm doing on all hosts anyways)
solved my problem.

I was not using check_by_ssh. These scripts seem to
handle the ssh-connectivity on their own.

HTH a future archive searcher!
-John