Perl plugin exit code?

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Tue Sep 6 22:17:26 CEST 2005

> Second part of my question has to do with perl more than nagios,
> Obviously I need to send the correct exit code to nagios.  I set a
> varialble "$status" (0, 1 or 2) in the script according to the query
> results and at the end of the script I have
>
> Exit $status;

The command will not work unless "exit" is lower case.
This may be so in your script, but wasn't in your email.
(it won't hurt to look again to make sure)

$  perl -e '$status=0;exit $status'; echo $?
0

$  perl -e '$status=2;Exit $status'; echo $?
Can't call method "Exit" without a package or object reference at -e line 1.
255