@sysconfdir@/cgi.cfg - Installation setup problem

Elizar M. Palad elizar.palad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 08:45:55 CEST 2005

Hi Subhendu,
 I rerun the ./configure... same options and i couldn't find any critical
errors.
I attached the output produced. The only thing that looks like an error is
the gd, which, according to the documentation, nagios will run without it.

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
--with-htmlurl=/nagios --with-nagios-user=na
gios --with-nagios-groupp=nagios --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for strip... /usr/ccs/bin/strip
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking for ctype.h... yes
checking for dirent.h... yes
checking for errno.h... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for getopt.h... no
checking for grp.h... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for math.h... yes
checking for netdb.h... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking for pthreads.h... no
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking for regex.h... yes
checking for signal.h... yes
checking for socket.h... no
checking for string.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/resource.h... yes
checking for sys/wait.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for sys/timeb.h... yes
checking for sys/un.h... yes
checking for sys/ipc.h... yes
checking for sys/msg.h... yes
checking for sys/poll.h... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
checking for uio.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for tm_zone in struct tm... no
checking for tzname... yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking type of array argument to getgroups... gid_t
checking for initgroups... yes
checking for setenv... no
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for unsetenv... no
checking for type of socket size... size_t
checking for pthread_create in -lcma... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for library containing nanosleep... -lposix4
checking for mail... /usr/bin/mail
Init script directory: /etc/init.d
We'll use default routines (in xdata/xsddefault.*) for status data I/O...
We'll use default routines (in xdata/xcddefault.*) for comment data I/O...
We'll use default routines (in xdata/xrddefault.*) for retention data I/O...
We'll use template-based routines (in xdata/xodtemplate.*) for object data
I/O...
We'll use default routines (in xdata/xpddefault.*) for performance data
I/O...
We'll use default routines (in xdata/xdddefault.*) for scheduled downtime
data I/O...
checking for main in -liconv... yes
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 2)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 3)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 4)... no

*** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

Boutell's GD library is required to compile the statusmap, trends
and histogram CGIs. Get it from http://www.boutell.com/gd/, compile
it, and use the --with-gd-lib and --with-gd-inc arguments to specify
the locations of the GD library and include files.

NOTE: In addition to the gd-devel library, you'll also need to make
sure you have the png-devel and jpeg-devel libraries installed
on your system.

NOTE: After you install the necessary libraries on your system:
1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
which the GD, PNG, and JPEG libraries are installed.
2. Run 'ldconfig' to update the run-time linker options.
3. Run 'make clean' in the Nagios distribution to clean out
any old references to your previous compile.
4. Rerun the configure script.

NOTE: If you can't get the configure script to recognize the GD libs
on your system, get over it and move on to other things. The
CGIs that use the GD libs are just a small part of the entire
Nagios package. Get everything else working first and then
revisit the problem. Make sure to check the nagios-users
mailing list archives for possible solutions to GD library
problems when you resume your troubleshooting.

checking for ltdl.h... no
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for extra flags needed to export symbols... none
checking for linker flags for loadable modules... -G
checking for linker flags for loadable modules... -G
checking for traceroute... no
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for type va_list... yes
checking for perl... /usr/local/bin/perl
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating subst
creating pkginfo
creating base/Makefile
creating common/Makefile
creating contrib/Makefile
creating cgi/Makefile
creating html/Makefile
creating module/Makefile
creating include/Makefile
creating xdata/Makefile
creating daemon-init
creating html/index.html
creating html/side.html
creating include/config.h
include/config.h is unchanged
creating include/snprintf.h
include/snprintf.h is unchanged
creating include/nagios.h
creating include/cgiutils.h
include/cgiutils.h is unchanged

Creating sample config files in sample-config/ ...

*** Configuration summary for nagios 2.0b4 08-02-2005 ***:

General Options:
-------------------------
Nagios executable: nagios
Nagios user/group: nagios,nagios
Command user/group: nagios,nagios
Embedded Perl: no
Event Broker: yes
Install ${prefix}: /usr/local/nagios
Lock file: ${prefix}/var/nagios.lock
Init directory: /etc/init.d
Host OS: solaris2.6

Web Interface Options:
------------------------
HTML URL: http://localhost/nagios/
CGI URL: http://localhost/nagios/cgi-bin/
Traceroute (used by WAP):

Review the options above for accuracy. If they look okay,
type 'make all' to compile the main program and CGIs.

 On 9/1/05, Subhendu Ghosh <sghosh at sghosh.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Elizar M. Palad wrote:
>
> > Hi! Ok, i rerun configure script after installed perl, seems ok. no
> error
> > and all
> > the .h files are created and there's no more error in make
> install-config (i
> > had one before)
> > i am using the minimal.cfg to test nagios.
> > I started nagios without any options.
> > /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
> > and it says:
> > sh: @libexecdir@/check_ping: not found
> > sh: @libexecdir@/check_users: not found
> > sh: @libexecdir@/check_procs: not found
> > Is this ok?
>
> No - @libexecdir@ should have been fixed by configure.
>
> For nagios - there should be no errors in the configure process...
>

> > The IE page now has an error...
> > It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
> > any of the hosts you requested...
> >
> > If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
> > requirements for accessing this CGI
> > and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.
> > I didn't set up any authentication for nagios. Maybe it caused the error
> > above?
> > if it does, how to use nagios without authentication?
> > thanks!
> >

> > On 8/31/05, Subhendu Ghosh <sghosh at sghosh.org> wrote:
> >>

> >> Yes - autoconf which creates configure uses perl :)
> >>
> >> You can either compile your own or sunfreeware.com<http://sunfreeware.com>
> <http://sunfreeware.com>has some nice pkgadd
> >> versions.
> >>
> >> -sg