How do I 'except' or 'negate' a regex host_name in a service definition?

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Mon Oct 31 16:21:17 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 01:59 +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> > I want to split off a group of similarly named hosts to a separate
> > service from a more global check.
> > Here's the "normal" (working) regex line:
> > host_name                       ^chi-[a-z0-9]*-sim-[0-9]$
> >
> > Now...how do I define "not those" in the associated global check?
> >
> > I've tried the usual '!' before the host_name regex string.
> This only matches a single char.

Yes, I know this in normal-regex-land.  I meant "usual" as in "usually,
in Nagios, I can say !host1,!host2"

All I'm trying to figure out is how (where?) I can divide Nagios'
interpretation from the regex itself, if that makes sense.

As in, !{^chi-[a-z0-9]*-sim-[0-9]$} if Nagios would, then, limit the
regex to within the {}.

So, is there a way to do what I'm asking?  (I'm not even asking how at
this point...just if it's possible)

> > I've tried dropping the ^$ and appending a !.
> Is this a make rule for dependencies?

:-p