[curl and nagios] transaction monitoring plugin

Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano msugano at uolinc.com
Sun Oct 30 12:32:23 CET 2005

Hello.

Does anyone here use curl for web-services transaction monitoring? It
appears as a demand because people here are thinking about aquiring
Mercury's Topaz Service Monitoring, and looking through all the features
of it, I IMHO, think that Nagios could do the job, if a plugin could
make such transactions monitoring. AFAIK, curl can manage cookied
sessions, and for a transaction like, web-logon process, post some form,
and expect some result, analyzing the whole process, gathering
information about the sanity of those web-based systems.

We are a service provider and we use mechanical monitoring (humans :) to
monitor the functionallity of those systems. I'm not thinking about
replace that team, just looking for some kind of plugin to do part of
their job, and see if Nagios could make Topaz work as well.

Your thoughts are very welcome (any ideas or comments about using curl
too :).

TIA,
--
Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano <msugano at uolinc.com>