Weird error with Nagios 2.0b4 on RHEL 4

Ritter, Nicholas nicholas.ritter at americantv.com
Thu Oct 27 18:12:34 CEST 2005

I am running Nagios 2.0b4 on Redhat Enterprise v4 Update 2 for Intel
EMT64. I noticed that the ping checks fail with status code 127. The odd
thing is that when I manually reschedule the command check through the
web interface, the host is changed state to up, but upon next check the
return code of 127 comes back. Additionally I notice that during a
preflight check of the config (nagios -v in the shell) I see only one
warning concerning the "service_message struct", specifically:

Warning: Size of service_message struct (528 bytes) is >
POSIX-guaranteed atomic write size (512 bytes). Service checks results
may get lost or magled!

I used the DAG rpms for this Nagios install.

Any ideas on what I should look at fixing to resolve these two problems?

Nicholas