Nagios Vs MOM

Ray La Peyre ray.lapeyre at itng.com.au
Thu Oct 27 09:31:35 CEST 2005

Hi List

I have a client that has presented me with the question of "Why use Nagios
rather than MOM (Microsoft Operations Monitor)" apart from the obvious price
difference I could not find much information in direct comparison to the
two. I was wondering if anyone had any information that I could tell him on
what MOM does that Nagios can't (if any). MOM is obviously geared towards a
Microsoft Environment where nagios is much more generic but with NSClient,
nagios can monitor a lot of important windows components but I don't know if
it is up to the same level (or even close) to MOM.

Any information or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray