AW: NEB: Difference between event types

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Oct 25 19:27:39 CEST 2005

Mohr James wrote:
> Read the source. Read the source. Read the source. All they ever tell
> me is "Read the source." ;-)
>
> I started doing just that (ie. Backtracing the functions), but
> stopped after a while because my C is so rusty and I lost the flow a
> couple of times. However, I think you are right with the key
> functions being broker.c and checks.c. I'm a visual person, so I
> think the best thing for me is to draw out the connections.
>
> I started putting my notes together here:
>
> http://www.linux-tutorial.info/nagios_event_broker.htm

Excellent stuff!

Just one thing though: Can you rephrase "plugin modules" to something
like "dynamic shared objects (dso's), or modules for short" or some
such. People will get the wrong idea about modules and plugins and, for
now, modules can't be used to run checks (well, they can, but the core
engine will go ahead and run the regular check anyways).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se