AW: NEB: Difference between event types

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Mon Oct 24 15:53:39 CEST 2005

This is what I found:

/* service status structure */
typedef struct nebstruct_service_status_struct{
        int             type;
        int             flags;
        int             attr;
        struct timeval  timestamp;

        void            *object_ptr;
        }nebstruct_service_status_data;

/* service check structure */
typedef struct nebstruct_service_check_struct{
        int             type;
        int             flags;
        int             attr;
        struct timeval  timestamp;

        char            *host_name;
        char            *service_description;
        int             check_type;
        int             current_attempt;
        int             max_attempts;
        int             state_type;
        int             state;
        int             timeout;
        char            *command_line;
        struct timeval  start_time;
        struct timeval  end_time;
        int             early_timeout;
        double          execution_time;
        double          latency;
        int             return_code;
        char            *output;
        char            *perf_data;
        }nebstruct_service_check_data;

This still does not answer the question completely. It seems that nebstruct_service_check_data contains the configuration information for the service. However, it also contains output and perf_data. At the very least, the perf_data string tells me that this is the status/information for the actual active check, so for me the logical conclusion is that nebstruct_service_status_data contains the status for the service itself. Looking in base/broker.c I find:

/* send service check data to broker */
void broker_service_check

which uses nebstruct_service_check_data

/* sends service status updates to broker */
void broker_service_status

which uses nebstruct_service_status_data

So, what is the definition of "service check data" and "service status updates".