nrpe options - confused

Albert Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Fri Oct 21 13:44:14 CEST 2005

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Albert Whale wrote:
>
>> I am attempting to implement the options with the check_nrpe
>> command.  I can run the command from the command line properly.
>>
>> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H ns4 -c check_disk -a 20% 10% /
>> DISK OK - free space: / 2461 MB (82%);| /=527MB;2390;2689;0;2988
>>
>> I am implementing the configuration using the NagiosQL 2005 (I have a
>> few updates for the the Nagios Control Section - where should I send
>> them?)
>>
>> Anyway, the checkcommand format is:
>>
>> $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$ -a $ARG2$
>>
>> If the /etc/nrpe.cfg is set up for
>>
>> command[check_disk]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w $ARG1$ -c
>> $ARG2$ -p $ARG3$
>>
>> How can I implement the check_nrpe to send the ARGS to the Remote
>> server which is accepting multiple arguments?
>>
>> Do I need to put in another entry for check_nrpe in the check
>> commands section to issue the additional arguments?
>>

> Yes. Or you can just space-separate the arguments.

I tried to perform that, but apparently that was not successful.  I
currently have:

check_nrpe_options!check_disk!30% 10% /  (in the services file)

where checkcommands defines the

define  command {
        command_name    check_nrpe_options
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$ -a
$ARG2$
        }
I believe that this is where the problem lies.  The command check_disk
is defined in the nrpe.cfg as:

command[check_disk]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$ -p $ARG3$

I think that the checkcommands format is not permitting the use of three
ARGS for the remote server.  What should the checkcommands format be?

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant