./nrpe don't start!

Richard Gliebe richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Fri Oct 21 10:06:14 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 07:29 +0000, lkk at interfree.it wrote:

Hi,

> I compiled nrpe-2.0 on Solaris 9 correctly
> I execut this command:
>
> #./nrpe -c  /nrpe.cfg -d

try to start it with absolute pathnames like:

/usr/local/sbin/nrpe -c /usr/local/etc/nrpe.cfg --daemon

> but the process don't start.
>
> I dont' see nrpe process in the list of the processes.
> There aren't nrpe log file!

make sure that debugging is turned on in nrpe.cfg and take a look after
starting into your local syslog.

maybe it helps
Richard

--
Richard Gliebe
Fachhochschule Vorarlberg GmbH / University for Applied Science

Hochschulstraße 1, A-6850 Dornbirn
Telefon +43 / (0)5572 / 792-2207
E-Mail: richard.gliebe at fhv.at