sh: /check_ping: No such file or directory

Paul O'Rorke paul at paulororke.net
Thu Oct 20 20:14:47 CEST 2005

Finally some success!

In case anyone is interested I finally found that the temp_file in
nagios.cfg was trying to write to /var/log/nagios/nagios.tmp where
indeed it did not have permission.  It took me a while to realize,  but
it appears that temp_file needed to be written in order for status.log
to be written...  Is this in fact the case?  I moved all variables that
refered to /var/log/nagios to /usr/local/nagios/var.

I guess the lesson learned here is not to use config files from an RPM
install of Nagios on a source built install unless you REALLY know what
you are doing....

Thanks to all those who helped here.