nrpe and NetBackup Plugin

Tao Yaoning yonienjcn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:20:20 CEST 2005

> > I can use check_nrpe to monitor Netbackup server's disk space. But when
> > use check_nrpe to communicate netbackup plugins, it always tell me that
> they
> > get error data from daemon. In fact, the netbackup plugin has standard
> > output,

Does it still look like that if you run the command as the nrpe user and

> pipes stderr to /dev/null?

Yes, it's stilll same error "CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from daemon."

> but my nagios couldn't get these standard output. When I use strace
> > to debug, I find on nagios machine it read (3, "\0" ). The netbackup
> plugin
> > use perl script and use print function to print the standard output.
>
> Permission issues. I'm sure you tried the command on the remote server,
> but as root.

I try to run under nagios, it's still same, and I can run the plugin on
local machine as root
and get correct result. My files' owner are nagios.nagios