Segmentation Fault

Jason King jking at informs.com
Thu Oct 20 14:04:24 CEST 2005

What is a "Segmentation Fault". I'm always getting that error on my
nagios installs. It only happens on the PING check command. No other
service check has this happen. My nagios box is becoming the "boy who
cried wolf", if it were a real problem, no one would notice because
people are starting to ignore the pages. Any ideas what is causing this
and how to fix it?

My setup is as follows:

Nagios 2.0b3
FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE