nrpe and NetBackup Plugin

Tao Yaoning yonienjcn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 02:13:46 CEST 2005

Hi, all

I use Netbackup 5.1 to backup my server. Now I want to use Nagios to monitor
my Netbackup server. I download netbackup plugin and configure the nrpe
service in netbackup server, configure check_nrpe on nagios machine.

I can use check_nrpe to monitor Netbackup server's disk space. But when I
use check_nrpe to communicate netbackup plugins, it always tell me that they
get error data from daemon. In fact, the netbackup plugin has standard
output, but my nagios couldn't get these standard output. When I use strace
to debug, I find on nagios machine it read (3, "\0" ). The netbackup plugin
use perl script and use print function to print the standard output.

Any body has any ideas?